Go to navigation
To find out what happens to your waste after collection
please visit Where your rubbish ends up or for further
recycling advice in our A-Z recycling guide.
I live in a house
- You will need to buy your own rubbish sacks from local
shops or supermarkets. We recommend black refuse sacks.
- Put your bags on the front boundary of your property by
7am on the day of collection and no earlier than
the night before.
- Rubbish will be collected on the same day as your recycling
and food and garden waste every week, even
on bank holidays (excluding Christmas and New Year).
- As long as it does not cause an obstruction, there is no limit
to the amount you can put out each week.
I live in a flat
- Your management agent or housing association is
responsible for supplying sufficient containment for general waste.
If you are a management agent or housing association please
contact us for more information.
- We advise residents to use black sacks for general waste
before placing in the communal bin, however items can go in
- The waste collectors will collect the communal bin and return
it to the bin store on day of collection.
What to do with paint
We are unable to accept liquid paint, as liquid wastes are
banned from landfill sites. You can buy a paint hardener, or
add sawdust, sand or soil to the tin and leave the lid off until
the paint becomes solid and dry. Please ensure that paint is fully
dried before placing out for collection. For more information
please visit the recycle