Go to navigation
Help to make your wedding day special
We understand how important it is to you for your wedding day to
be special so ceremonies for civil weddings in Medway can be
customised by the couple marrying. Celebrants prepare their own
ceremonies which also adds to their individuality.
We will discuss your wedding day with you, and go through
the content of the ceremony to enable you to make decisions
to personalise it and make it special to you.
Ways to personalise a ceremony can include choices of
- Which vows are to be used when declaring freedom to marry and
when taking each other to be husband and wife.
- Which vows are to be used when taking each other to be husband
- Words to be used when exchanging rings (optional).
- Promises (optional).
- Music for the signing of the register. It is also possible to
choose music for the entrance and exit of the marriage party in
most venues other than in the register office room.
Good to know
- Many couples ask friends and/or relatives to read poems as
a special way to personalise a ceremony.
- Music can be chosen from a selection offered by registration
staff, but most couples choose to provide their own CD.
- Civil wedding ceremonies are unable to include music, poems or
readings which are religious or have a religious connotation.
- Couples need to choose two of their guests to be witnesses
who also sign the register.