Go to navigation
The following have been designated by Medway Council as
prohibited streets, where no street trading is allowed.
- Parkwood Shopping Centre and car park - To its
boundary with Deanwood Drive, Lovelace Close, Beke Road, Readscroft
Road and Long Catlis Road.
- The A228 - From its roundabout junction with
Formby Street and including Sundridge Hill, Rochester Road, Cuxton
Road, Gun Lane, Frindsbury Road, Frindsbury Hill, Wainscott Eastern
By-pass, through Hoo Road, Four Elms Hill, Ratcliffe Highway,
through Malpas Hall Road, through Grain Road and until it meets the
- Anthonys Way, Strood - From its junction with
the Gillingham Northern Link Road to Upnor Road.
- Hoath Way (the A278) - From its junction with
the M2 at the Borough boundary to its junction with Watling Street
and the A2 London Road.
- Gillingham Business Park, Gillingham - Ambley
Road, Bailey Drive, Ambley Green, Saracen Close, Sherman Close,
Grant Close, Chieftain Close, Matilda Close, Crusader Close,
Valentine Close, Sabre Court, Centurion Close, Scimitar Close,
Bailey Court, Campus Way, The Courtyard and all footways, car parks
and pedestrianised areas.
- Rainham Shopping Centre, Rainham - All roads,
footways, car parks and pedestrianised areas from its boundary with
the A2 High Street, Rainham to its boundary with Longley Road and
- Canterbury Street, Gillingham - From its
junction with the A2 Rainham Road to its junction with Britton Farm
Street and on to Jeffrey Street.
- Chatham Hill, Chatham and Gillingham - From
Luton Arches to its junction with Rock Avenue, Gillingham.
- City Way, Rochester - From the roundabout at
Star Hill and New Road to its junction with Maidstone Road,
- Corporation Street, Rochester - From its
junction with Star Hill to the Esplanade.
- Dock Road, Chatham - From Globe Lane, Chatham,
to the junction of Khyber Road, Chatham Maritime.
- Featherby Road, Gillingham - Between the A2
and The Chase.
- Gillingham Northern Link Road , Gillingham -
From the A2 to include Medway Tunnel and all roundabouts to its
junction with Wainscott Eastern By-pass and Hoo Road
- Gravesend Road, Strood - From Villa Road to
its junction with Watling Street, London Road.
- Green Street, Gillingham - From its junction
with Canterbury Street to its junction with the High Street.
- Hanway, Gillingham - From its junction with
- Keston Court, Gillingham
- Tatsfield Close, Gillingham
- High Street, Strood - From Taylors Lane to Gun
- Lock Street, Gillingham - From Marlborough
Road to Canterbury Street
- Luton High Street, Chatham - From Luton Road
to Capstone Road
- Luton Road, Chatham - From Luton High Street
to Luton Arches at its junction with Chatham Hill.
- Maidstone Road, Chatham - From its junction at
Old Road to its junction with and including the Bridgewood
roundabout and including Horsted Way
- Maidstone Road, Rainham - From its junction
with the High Street, Rainham to its junction at the Wigmore
Roundabout, Deanwood, Maidstone Road, Rochester
- New Road, Chatham and Rochester - From its
junction at Magpie Hall Road to junction with Star Hill (including
New Road Avenue)
- The Chase, Chatham
- The Chase, Rainham
- Featherby Road, Gillingham - The service road
between Featherby Road and Will Adams Way Roundabout.
- Twydall Green, Gillingham - Between Twydall
Lane and Goudhurst Road and all car parks and pedestrian areas in
- Wainscott Eastern By-pass, Strood - From the
roundabout at the junction with Hoo Road through to the Borough
boundary with Gravesham.
- Walderslade Village, Chatham - In its entirety
to include Walderslade Road from Sherwood Court to the roundabout
to the sports ground and to include Robin Hood Lane from Sherwood
Court to where it meets with Boxley Road. The area is to include
all shopping areas and public precincts within the above village
- Upnor Road, Strood - From its junction with
the Wainscott Eastern By-pass to Anthonys Way.
- Watling Street, Gillingham - From its junction
with Canterbury Street to its junction with Hoath Way (the A278) to
include all roundabouts.
- Will Adams Way, Gillingham - From its junction
at Grosvenor Road to the roundabout at Watling Street, the A2.
No street trading is allowed in the remaining parts of
Chatham High Street and in Rochester and Gillingham High Streets
unless a specific consent is obtained.
Prohibited streets are all streets (including any road, footway
or other area to which the public have access, without payment,
adjacent to such streets for a distance of 10 metres) within the
council's administrative area, except those designated as
For more information contact Licensing Unit by
telephone: Licensing Services - 01634 337107 or 337108 /
Enforcement - 01634 337112 or 337106 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to: Licensing Unit, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road,
Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR