Go to navigation
Recruit an apprentice
Youngsters can begin apprenticeships with Medway businesses
thanks to a scheme worth £100,000.
From April 2016 to March 2017, local businesses will be able to
apply for funding to recruit apprentices and offer young people
(18-24) the opportunity to earn while they learn in a real job.
The apprenticeship scheme is a joint
initiative between You're Hired
Kent and Medway Council.
How Medway businesses can get involved
Local businesses thinking about taking on an apprentice or
looking for more advice should contact Catherine Lepage at Medway
Council on email@example.com
The benefits for businesses
- improve your bottom line
- increase productivity
- help retain employees
- help improve the performance of existing staff
- enable staff to obtain a recognised qualification
- combat the effect of an ageing workforce
- help avoid skills gaps in the future
- help instil company values and good practice among
- reduce training costs
- bring new and fresh ideas to your business
- create managers of the future.
Find more in-depth information
on recruiting an apprentice.
I want to be an apprentice
Medway residents aged 18-24 can look and apply
As an apprentice you get the best of both
worlds. You’ll be employed by a company or organisation and paid
regular wages, while you learn how to do the job.