Go to navigation
Community Interpreting Service (CIS)
We offer a 24/7 service at extremely competitive rates.
This is made more attractive by our unique minimum booking
time of 30 minutes for face to face interpreting, 5 minutes for
telephone interpreting and our commitment to using only qualified
Please contact us at any time with any queries:
- Phone - 01634 335577
- Fax - 01634 3331388
- Email - email@example.com
- Out of Hours - 01634 304400
- Address - Community Interpreting Service, Medway Council, Gun
Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
Interpreters for public services
CIS is a long-established specialist interpreting and
translation service that provides solutions to the linguistics
needs of public services and their clients.
It uses trained and accredited interpreters and translators in
more than 60
languages and offers a reliable, confidential and impartial
- are trained to help you communicate with your clients in an
efficient and professional manner, are impartial, and observe
strict confidentiality at all times
- clarify any cultural misunderstandings
- create the opportunity for a positive exchange of information
between you and a non-English speaking client.
Interpreters for health professionals
The help of an interpreter is essential while dealing with
patients whose command of English is not good enough to understand
or express their needs adequately when:
- taking the case history from the patient
- explaining the purpose and describing test procedures and
- giving and explaining test results
- giving a diagnosis and prognosis
- prescribing treatment.
Interpreters for solicitors
Our service is available at legal aid rates.
Booking an interpreter
If you, as an agency, need the services of a community
interpreter for your clients or patients, please contact
Call us first on 01634 335577 to register for our free online booking
If you are a qualified interpreter interested in joining the
CIS team, please get in touch. We would be happy to meet you
to discuss the opportunities available within our service.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Community interpreting level 3
- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI)
Or if you're a member of the National Register of Public Service
Interpreters (NRPSI), please contact us.
New career training opportunity
CIS annually host an accredited training
course for people who are interested in pursuing a fulfilling
career in interpreting and are proficient in English and another
If you are interested in applying for this
course please contact us on the details at the top of this