Go to navigation
Renting a garage
Medway Council owns 622
garages in Gillingham, Rainham and Twydall (specific locations can be found in the
application form below).
You do not have to be a council tenant to rent a garage. Renting
a garage will cost from £6.35 to £10.44 per week.
Apply to rent a garage
Complete the Garage Application Form
and upload it to
apply to rent a garage in Medway.
We will confirm receipt
of your application. If a garage is not available
to rent immediately, we will place your application on a
waiting list, however we are unable to advise how long
you may have to wait.
Terms and conditions
- If you are a council tenant and wish to apply for a garage,
your rent account must be free of arrears
- You must pay rent for the garage by Direct Debit on the
first of each month
- You cannot sublet or share your garage
- The council will charge you for any damage you cause to your
- The council will not accept any liability if any items stored
in your garage are lost, damaged or stolen
- You must not use your garage as a workshop or for
repairing/respraying vehicles you do not own
- You must not store any materials in your garage that could
catch fire (apart from the fuel in the fuel tank of your
- You must
give the council seven days notice if you no longer want to use