Go to navigation
St George's Centre
The foundation stone of this building was laid
on 27 April 1905 and on completion, was dedicated by the Lord
Bishop of Rochester, as St George's Church on 19 December 1906.
For many years it served the needs of the Royal Navy Pembroke
Barracks. With the Navy's departure in 1984, this fine building
changed its name to St George's Centre and opened its doors,
inviting all to see its many memorials bearing witness to the
heroic deeds of many gallant men and ships.
There are beautiful stained glass windows, many unveiled by HRH
Princess Elizabeth in 1950 and plaques commemorating local naval
history throughout the century.
The hall can take up to 300 people. It is close to public
transport and kitchen facilities will be available soon.
Is found in the University of Greenwich Medway Campus, (inside
the black gates). From M2/A2 follow the signs for Medway
To book or for more information please phone 01634 335