Go to navigation
Medway Park is Medway’s flagship £11m centre of
The new-look centre was created as a legacy of
the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The result is an inspiring environment where
you can share top-class community sports facilities with
national and international athletes.
- 100-station health and fitness and free-weights suite spread
across two floors
- cardiovascular equipment including treadmills, bikes, rowers
and cross trainers, as well as a resistance area
- fully air-conditioned
- dedicated Shokk health and fitness suite for junior
- dedicated changing rooms for Premier Echoes members
- fully IFI (Inclusive Fitness Initiative) accredited.
membership covers the use of the gyms at all four of
Medway Council's sports centres, with packages ranging
from just gym and swim through to the use of all
facilities, including golf at Deangate. Senior packages and day
rates are also available.
Find out more about Echoes Gym Membership Options.
- More than 70 different classes to chose from every
- Classes graded to difficulty levels
- Three dedicated studios, including a group cycle room
- Larger classes held in small sports halls
- Classes tailored to senior members and newcomers.
Download the Current fitness
timetable (pdf 206kb).
- 25-metre six-lane pool
- segregated shallow section
- warm water teaching pool
- diving pool
- state-of-the-art timing system
- Swimfit resources available poolside
- Refurbished and accessible changing facilities
- Comprehensive swimming lessons programme
- School holiday inflatables sessions.
Download the latest swimming
timetable (pdf 173kb).
Find out more about swimming in Medway,
including swimming memberships and free swimming for under 16s and
Other sports facilities and activities
- 12-court multi-sports hall for badminton,
table tennis, basketball, wheelchair sports and more
- secondary hall for badminton, five-a-side football, table
tennis and basketball;
- UKA-accredited eight-lane athletics track
- grass football pitches on athletics infield
- three upgraded squash courts
- dedicated judo centre
- neighbouring Jumpers Rebound trampoline centre
- University of Kent
Centre for Sports Studies
- fully-integrated disabled access and changing rooms
- Cafeteria and bar.
Medway Park hosts monthly Family Sports Days, school holiday sports camps, an active
programme and is home to a number of leading Medway sports
Find out more about Medway Park as an elite sporting
venue and the latest national and international sporting
events coming to Medway.
is available for fitness classes and other activities, including
badminton, squash and basketball. For more information about
activities, facilities and prices visit http://www.medwaypark.org.uk/
Medway Park opening times
- Monday to Thursday – 6.30am to10pm
- Friday – 6.30am to 8pm
- Saturday – 7.30am to 6pm
- Sunday – 7.30am to 6pm
See the swimming
timetable (pdf 386kb) for pool opening times.
Opening times vary on bank holidays and over Christmas.
Medway Park hosts special events and swimming galas which affect
the normal programmes. Details of these and any other cancellations
are listed on the amendments
You may also be interested in...
Keep up to date with the latest news, events and sporting
opportunities in Medway. Follow Medway Sport on Twitter or like
our Facebook page.
Medway Park, Mill Road, Gillingham, ME7 1HF
Tel 01634 336655.