Go to navigation
The Strand, Gillingham, is one
of Medway's most popular leisure attractions. It is open
all year around but really comes into its own in the summer when
the outdoor pool opens for the sunny season.
From swimming, tennis and crazy golf to playgrounds,
inflatables and the famous miniature railway, there's
something for everyone at The Strand.
New to The Strand this year is a newly installed play area and
The Strand pool re-opens for the summer from Saturday, 27 May
(weekends only) and daily from Monday, 24 July 11am-5pm.
- Outdoor leisure pool
- Six 25-metre lanes for fitness
- 300m lazy river
- Children’s paddling pool
- Crazy golf course with nine challenging holes with a Wild West
theme and a variety of obstacles
- New riverside children’s play areas and
- Outdoor court for netball, five-a-side
football or basketball
- Four newly-improved tennis courts
- Historic miniature railway
- New outdoor gym
- Picnic area and café
- Free car parking
Opening Times and Admission Prices
Swimming Pools: Closed for the winter. Re-opens
- Open weekend from 27 May 11am-5pm.
- Open daily from 24 July - 3 September 11am-5pm
Crazy Golf: Closed for the winter.
Re-opens 27 May
Miniature Railway: Closed for the winter.
Re-opens 27 May
Tennis courts: Closed for the winter.
Re-open 27 May.
Playgrounds: Open throughout the year
Cafeteria: Closed for the winter
You may also be interested in...
Keep up to date with the latest news, events and sporting
opportunities in Medway. Follow Medway Sport on Twitter or like
The Strand Leisure Park, Pier Approach, Gillingham, ME7 1TT
Tel: 01634 333927