Go to navigation
Medway Carshare is a simple
way to cut the cost of fuel and parking, to reduce congestion and
pollution and to eliminate the stress of driving.
can share a car for any journey:
- getting to work
- doing the weekly shop
- taking the children to school
- going to the match at the weekend
- travelling to a festival, event or show
- getting to or from university
- visiting friends
- getting to the airport.
What is in it for you?
- Save money - travelling with others means you can reduce your
transport costs by up to £1,000 per year
- Save wear and tear on your car
- Reduce the number of cars on the roads, meaning less pollution
and fewer parking problems.
How does Medway Carshare work?
Joining Medway Carshare is easy. Run by Medway Council, it
is a free service available to everyone. It links
drivers and passengers who make similar journeys. You do not even
have to be a car driver or own a car to use the service. Medway
Carshare is part of the lift share network. This may mean you can
search for longer journeys outside Medway.
How to join Medway Carshare
- Log on to www.medwaycarshare.com/
- Register your details. These are securely stored on the
- Register your journey details and any conditions, such as
non-smokers only or men or women only
- Medway Carshare will search for potential car sharers
- Check the safety advice terms and conditions and frequently
- Start car-sharing.
You can download any of the promotional items listed below. To
use these pdf files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do
not have this on your computer, please use our advice page.