Go to navigation

Apply for road and pavement permits and licences

Apply for a license or permit including applications for café tables and chairs, building materials, shop display of goods and skip licences.

Apply to place a structure projecting over or under the highway

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the council must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard about your application within a reasonable period, contact us.

Consumer complaint

If you are a customer of or a member of the public affected by someone responsible for a highway projection, you should first contact that person, preferably in writing, with proof of your complaint. If that does not work and if you are located in the UK, CAB Adviceguide will give you advice. From outside the UK, contact the UK European Consumer Centre.


Highways Act 1980