Go to navigation
Medway council aims to provide high-quality and value for money
services for its residents.
Managing finances well is essential to achieving this, as well
as ensuring that council tax levels remain among the lowest in the
To maintain value for money the council:
- attracts external funding
- monitors finances and moves resources into high priority areas
as part of the budget process
- is involved in partnership working with other public
- reduces costs where possible
- improves procurement
- sells its own services externally where appropriate.
Medway Council publishes details of
all spending over £250.
You can also find out how much we spend on staff salaries.