Go to navigation
Work experience with Medway Council
We provide unpaid work experience placements for a
wide variety of people, such as school students, college or
university students, graduates, the unemployed and adults with
learning or physical disabilities.
By taking part in work experience a person can gain:
- practical knowledge to support theoretical learning
- an insight into a potential future career
- employability skills
- a workplace reference to help with
- work confidence after a long absence from the
workplace e.g. redundancy, childcare or ill-health.
How to apply
Applications for placements are open during February and
October to anyone who is a resident of Medway or studying at an
educational establishment within Medway.
Apply for an unpaid work placement, attaching a copy of your current CV
and include the following:
- details of any disabilities, medical conditions or specific
- the length of placement you are looking for
- the date you can start
- details of technical skills (such as use of internet, word
- a brief description of the type of work experience you